Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a classic cake that I remember my mom making on special occasions when I was a kid. So I decided to make a Plant Based Vegan, Gluten Free version of it for you all to enjoy. Cooked down pineapple juice gives it that buttery smell and flavor without actually using butter. This recipe is mouthwateringly delicious!
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsor:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
3 cups (708ml)
sliced pineapple rings or pieces for "top" of cake
a few frozen raspberries for "top" of cake
1 1/4 cups (100g) rolled oats
1 cup (120g) almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (112g) pitted dates
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup (236ml) water
- Before making the cake, cook the pineapple juice down in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook until it measures roughly 1 cup (236ml).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Arrange the pineapple and raspberries in the bottom of a 9 inch silicone pan or parchment lined cake pan.
- Pour the cooked down pineapple juice over the pineapples and raspberries.
- Grind the oats into a flour.
- Stir together the flours, baking powder and soda in a mixing bowl.
- Blend the dates, lemon juice, vanilla and water in a blender until dates are pulverized.
- Stir the blended date mixture into the four mixture.
- Gently pour mixture over the pineapple and raspberries.
- Smooth the top with the spoon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.