Fruit & Seed Crackers with Spreadable Cashew Cheese
Growing Spaces – Our viewers save 5% OFF your order!
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit, raisins, cranberries and diced apricot
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ cup dates paste , or 3/4 cup diced dates
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups soy milk, unsweetened, or other plant milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking soda and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add the seeds, dried fruit and poppy seeds and stir.
- Blend the date paste, apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of the soy milk in a blender until smooth.
- Add to the flour mixture along with the remaining cup of soy milk and stir well.
- Pour equal parts into two silicone or parchment lined bread pans.
- Smooth top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and then place into the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Slice loaves into very thin slices with a very sharp knife.
- Place slices on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 300°F (148°C).
- Flip slices and bake for 15 more minutes.
- If not quite dry and crisp yet, flip one more time and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.