Winter is the best time of year to enjoy comforting casseroles so here is a delicious Plant Based Vegan Kale and Potato casserole to start out the new year. Being chocked full of tender potatoes and earthy kale, you will be happily satisfied!
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Growing Spaces – Our viewers save 5% OFF your order!
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
1 1/2 pounds (700g) Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
4 cups (268g) finely chopped kale
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup (236 ml) vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) cracked pepper
1 cup (198g) firm tofu
1/2 cup (30g) nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon (15ml) stone ground mustard
2 tablespoons (30ml) white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons (10ml) Braggs liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
2 cups (473 ml) vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the diced potatoes and vegetable broth, cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes, checking frequently to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Add the kale to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the cooked potatoes, onion and garlic over the kale and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the kale and potatoes and stir.
- Pour mixture into a 9inch by 9 inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, checking at 30 minutes, pressing kale down into the sauce if needed.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.