- 3 ½ cups dried fruit, cranberries, diced apricots, currants, raisins or other dried fruit that you enjoy
- 2 cups black tea
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats , ground into flour, don't grind too fine
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups soy milk, unsweetened, or plant milk of your choice
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cups walnuts
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Soak the dried fruit in the black tea overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon and ginger to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Stir the molasses into the soy milk.
- Add the milk mixture along with soaked dried fruit (do not drain tea from dried fruit), nuts and orange zest to the flour mixture and stir well.
- Pour into a silicone or well greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 2 – 2 1/2 hours.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before removing it from the bundt pan.
- Blend the orange custard ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan on medium heat and stir until thickness desired (I like mine a pourable consistency)
- Pour custard over each slice once removed from cake.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.