Matcha Latte & Matcha Cream Cookies
Matcha Cream Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the Cream Frosting ingredients in a blender until smooth and then place in the fridge while you are making the cookies. This allows the frosting to get more firm.
- For the cookies, soak the dates and matcha powder in the hot water.
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and soda and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the soaked dates and matcha powder, tahini and vanilla extract to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Roll mixture out flat between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut out cookie shapes with a cookie cutter and place cookies onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely before frosting.
- Once cookies are cooled, pipe on the frosting or spread it on with a butter knife.
- For the latte, add the matcha powder to a cup and pour the hot water over it.
- Stir it with a spoon to dissolve.
- Optional: If you would like a froth, whisk with your choice of frothing tool.
- Stir the date syrup into the soy milk and pour into the matcha mixture.