Baked Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese
Cool Fall evenings call for a comforting, creamy bowl of Mac & Cheese. This Vegan Plant Based recipe for Baked Mac & Cheese uses sweet potatoes to create a silky creaminess that is also loaded with nutrients. It is a great dish to share at a pot luck, as a holiday side dish or just to enjoy all on its own.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 ½ cups soy milk, unsweetened ,or plant based milk of your choice
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Bragg liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 8-10 ounces pasta noodles, I used a gluten free macaroni noodle
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook your pasta Al dente.
- Blend the sauce ingredients in the blender until silky smooth.
- Stir the sauce into the noodles and pour into a 9 x 9 or larger baking dish.
- Blend the topping ingredients lightly in the blender and sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- If you would like the topping to be more brown, set you oven to broil for a couple minutes being sure to watch the dish carefully so that it doesn’t burn.
- By the Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show on YouTube
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 11gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.02gSodium: 138mgPotassium: 640mgFiber: 6gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 13768IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 123mgIron: 2mg
Any idea for non-nut sunflower seed substitutes? (Nut allergy here! I can’t find nut-safe sunflower seeds.) Thanks!
Hmm that is a tough one. If you aren’t gluten free, you can always use bread crumbs or cracker crumbs.
Just made this , it’s delicious, thank you! Can leftovers be refrigerated/ frozen or no?
I think it would do ok but I have never tried freezing it.
Ah great, I’ll try, thanks for replying!
We are making this now but has to pop on and say wowww the cheese sauce itself is sooo tasty! We made our own plant-milk from cashews+ hemp seeds. Subbed lemon juice for the vinegar and added 1 tablespoon miso! thank you so much for this recipe!
This turned out great. I used lentil pasta, with gf panko for the topping. Is it just me, or does Bragg’s taste like hot dogs?
It does, doesn’t it.
Where do you purchase the Nutritional Yeast which is basically like “cheese”? have been getting promotions on line from Noochy Licious (Deals.Gloriousalternatives) out of Cedar Rapids, IA, but can’t get the order to go through; are they legit?
They are legit but we also use Anthony’s nutritional yeast
What can I use instead of nutritional yeast. It does not agree with me. I have noticed that so many people use it in recipes now. Thanks Diana
Sorry Diana, I don’t know of anything that can replace the nutritional yeast