Vegan “Chicken” Nuggets
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, preferably high protein which tends to be more firm
- Add all of the spice mix ingredients except for the vegetable broth and tamari to a bowl and mix well.
- Divide in half and set aside half of the mixture.
- Add the vegetable broth and tamari to one of the halves and stir.
- Drain and press moisture out of tofu with a clean tea towel.
- Cut the tofu into at least 2 slabs and then break into chunks of your preferred size for nuggets.
- Add the tofu chunks and the vegetable broth mixture to a container with a lid and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grind the breading ingredients into a flour.
- Pour this mixture into the other half of the spice mixture and stir.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Roll each tofu chunk into the spice and flour mixture and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve along side your favorite dipping sauce.
- Our favorite dipping sauces are honey mustard, BBQ, and ranch.