Vegan “Chicken” Nuggets
Are you looking for a healthy alternative to replace chicken nuggets? These Plant Based Vegan nuggets are baked, not fried, gluten free and are super delicious. This recipe is great for the kids or grandkids (and for the kid in all of us).
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, preferably high protein which tends to be more firm
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- nutmeg, sprinkle
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp tamari
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ⅓ cup organic rolled oats
- Add all of the spice mix ingredients except for the vegetable broth and tamari to a bowl and mix well.
- Divide in half and set aside half of the mixture.
- Add the vegetable broth and tamari to one of the halves and stir.
- Drain and press moisture out of tofu with a clean tea towel.
- Cut the tofu into at least 2 slabs and then break into chunks of your preferred size for nuggets.
- Add the tofu chunks and the vegetable broth mixture to a container with a lid and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grind the breading ingredients into a flour.
- Pour this mixture into the other half of the spice mixture and stir.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Roll each tofu chunk into the spice and flour mixture and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve along side your favorite dipping sauce.
- Our favorite dipping sauces are honey mustard, BBQ, and ranch.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 178kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 11gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 152mgPotassium: 325mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 124IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 42mgIron: 2mg
Omg. These are amazing!!! I omitted the tamari because we are strictly no-salt but they still came out perfectly in my opinion. Brought back so many memories of childhood! Awesome that we can get those flavors without the damage to our health now. Thank you so much! Will definitely make again 🙂
Amazing! This was perfect and so easy to make. Although the nuggets are delicious all alone, I put a handful on top of a bed of rice and stir-fry vegetables and poured your recipe of the garlic tahini dressing mixed with hot sauce over all of it. YUM!
It’s okay if the marinade stays overnight instead of just 6 hours