I have to admit I was a huge fan of chili cheese fries (and even chili cheese hotdogs!) before I switched to a whole food plant based diet and there has always been that nagging little voice in the back of my taste buds saying, “Wouldn’t it be nice just once more time?”. Well now we can all have twice baked chili cheese potatoes as much as we like because this recipe is whole food plant based, oil-free, vegan, and is mind bogglingly delicious. The crispy skin on the twice baked potato has that satisfying crunch and the rich chili and creamy cheese sauce take this recipe to the next level of goodness.
This episode is sponsored in part by:
Noochy Licious Nutritional Yeast: As a special discount for our viewers: Save Up to 55% OFF Your Order
2 large russet potatoes
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 14 ounce can black beans
2 tablespoons chopped green chilis
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
1/2 cup cashews or almonds
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/8 cup raisins
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
- Wash potatoes and poke two holes in each potato.
- Bake potatoes in the air fryer for 40 minutes at 375°F or until done on the inside.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the potato, leaving a small bit still in the skin and set aside.
- Sauté the onion for a few minutes and then add the garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes or until it is thick.
- Mix the potato that you scooped out into the chili.
- Spoon the chili mixture onto each of the potato skins, mounding it like a stuffed potato.
- Place the potatoes back into the air fryer and bake for 10 minutes on 375°F.
- Blend the cheese sauce ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Top potatoes with the cheese sauce.
- Optional: top with chives and or jalapeños.