If you are trying to kick your sugar habit then these Banana Chews are the perfect vegan snack for you. They are so sweet, rich and chewy that you will forget all about your sugar cravings! These are nothing like their dried banana chip cousins that are usually coated in oil and sometimes sugar before drying to make them crispy. These banana chews are JUST banana. You can even step them up a notch and sprinkle them with cinnamon before drying them or add some creamy chocolate spread after they are done drying for a super decadent treat.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- ¾ cup deglet dates
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup water, plus tablespoon if needed
- Peel bananas and press flat onto a non-stick paraflex sheets on top of the drying screens for your particular dehydrator.
- Optional: sprinkle on some cinnamon.
- Place trays into dehydrator and set the temperature at 115°F for 12 hours.
- After the 12 hours, flip the sheets over onto the drying screen and peel off the paraflex sheet.
- Return trays to the dehydrator and dry for another 4 hours, at least.
- Store in an airtight container. They are good for weeks.
- To make the chocolate spread, add all ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth and creamy adding a tablespoon of water to help things blend better.
- Keep spread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 98kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 343mgFiber: 4gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 39IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
I don’t own a dehydrator and other suggestions for the potato chips or bananas?!
Yes, You can bake them on a parchment lined baking tray and baked at the lowest temperature setting 180F ish and check every couple hours
Howdy. I’ve been strict vegetarian for over 20 years now. I started doing Dr. McDougall’s plan because that what was around then. No added oils, low salt, etc. But over time I drifted into oily foods, and added sugars. I thought I was doing great! But NO! Got my bloodwork back, and found my cholesterol was way high, so I did it once and I’m doing it again. Back to low/no added sugar, low salt, no processed oils… But THIS time, there is your Whole Foods Plant Based Cooking Show! I have binge watched many of your videos, and even bookmarked several of them for future cooking sessions. With all of these fantastic recipes I’ll have no trouble staying in the lifestyle now. Thank you and your husband so much for caring enough to put these out there for us. And folks like me who will be able to (hopefully!) stay off medications to keep my cholesterol levels down.
All the best, James
Thank you so much James. We are so glad that the show is helping!
Thank you and please consider making more raw recipes! I love all your recipes and need to incorporate more raw options. Can’t wait to try this recipe!