Need another great recipe to use all of the plentiful zucchini from your garden? Well, look no further. These Plant Based Oil-Free Vegan Zucchini Fritters are packed with flavor and super filling. They are also very versatile so they can be used as a main dish or as a side topped with your favorite dipping sauce.
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/4 cup diced spring onion
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon flax meal
2 tablespoons arrowroot flour or cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
1 cup chickpea flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place zucchini shreds onto a clean tea towel or nut milk bag and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. You should have about 2 cups worth after squeezing out the juice.
- Place the zucchini along with the remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well, using your hands if it is easier.
- Roll into about 12 balls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press balls into a flat disk about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip them over and bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. My favorite is our Hemp Ranch Dressing.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.