Looking for another recipe to use up the excess zucchini from your garden? Here is a way to get that bountiful vegetable into your breakfast. Hearty and full nuts and berries, these Plant Based Vegan Breakfast Cookies will cover all your nutritional bases. You could also eat them as an afternoon snack or for a workout recovery pick me up.
1 cup (80g) organic rolled oats, ground into flour
1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
1 1/2 cups (220g) shredded zucchini (already squeezed dry with a tea towel to get rid of most of the water)
1/4 cup (40g) raisins
1/4 cup (40g) goji berries
1/4 cup (40g) dried cherries
1/4 cup (37g) chopped walnuts
1/2 cup (59g) diced apple
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3 tablespoons flax meal
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (or plant milk of your choice)
1/2 cup (112g) dates
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Mix all ingredients except for 1/2 cup of the zucchini, soy milk, dates and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, soy milk, dates and vanilla into a blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Pour into the mixture in the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spoon onto a parchment lined baking tray and smooth into 12 round cookies.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
By the Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show on YouTube