When you are looking for a super quick and easy meal that is both comforting and nutritious there is nothing better than a plate of Plant Based Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff. The silky, rich cashew sauce complements the earthiness of the mushrooms perfectly and you can eat it over noodles, rice or even mashed potatoes. This recipe is sure to make it into your normal meal rotation.
1 onion, diced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
pepper to taste
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent and the moisture is cooked out of the mushrooms, adding a little water or vegetable broth to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the Braggs and pepper and blend in a blender until smooth.
- Pour over the onion and mushrooms and stir.
- Cook until thickness desired.
- Stir in the Braggs liquid aminos and pepper.
- Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.