- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the filling, add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- For the frosting, add all frosting ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place both filling and frosting into the refrigerator until the cupcakes are completely cooled.
- Lightly grind oats into a flour in the blender and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl with the oat flour and stir together.
- Add the dates, soy milk and vanilla to the blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Pour into the dry mixture and blend well.
- Spoon mixture into silicone muffin tin or lined muffin tin, making 9 muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool in muffin tin for a few minutes and then remove them from the tin to let them cool completely.
- Cut a wedge out of the top of each of the cupcakes to make a well for the filling.
- Put almost all of the filling into a piping bag, leaving about 2 tablespoons to put into a smaller piping bag with a small piping tip or plastic sandwich baggie. If using the sandwich baggie, cut a tiny piece off of the corner of the sandwich baggie to make a small piping hole.
- Pipe the filling from the larger piping bag into the well you made in the cupcakes, filling it up even with the top.
- Frost the top of each cupcake with the chocolate frosting, gently going over the filling so that they don’t mix together.
- Using the small baggie or piping bag filled with the 2 tablespoons of the filling, pipe the swirl pattern onto the top of each cupcake.