This Plant Based Vegan Mexican Rice is so packed full of flavor you can use it as a side dish or eat it as a meal. Making it in the Instant Pot is so simple that it will become a staple recipe in your home for sure. We like to add freshly chopped cilantro and lime juice to our servings.
1 large onion, diced
1 cup wild rice mix (or brown rice)
2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon diced green chilis
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon tamari
- Turn on the sauté setting on Instant Pot.
- Sauté onions until translucent.
- Cancel Sauté setting on Instant Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to Instant Pot and stir together.
- Press the Pressure cooker setting and set it for 25 minutes.
- Once finished release the steam valve or let it naturally depressurize.