Vegan Cabbage Rolls
- Start a large pot of water to boil.
- Carefully cut out the core of the cabbage without cutting into the outer leaves.
- Place the cabbage, core down into the pot of water and cover with a lid.
- Check in a few minutes to see if you can carefully peel off the outer leaf without tearing.
- Continue process until all leaves are removed.
- In another pan, sauté onions and celery until onions are translucent.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together the tomato broth ingredients in a dutch oven or pot with a lid that is oven safe.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Scoop a small portion of the filling onto a cabbage leaf.
- Fold up one edge over the filling and then fold the two side edges toward the middle and roll it together like you are making a small burrito.
- Place gently into the broth either standing on its edge or on its side depending on how many rolls you need to fit into your pot.
- Continue step 11 and 12 until all leaves are filled.
- Place lid on pot and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with yogurt sauce poured over each serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.