Ginger Molasses cookies are a classic recipe that has been around for many generations. The sweet chewiness of these vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free cookies are balanced by the spiciness of the ginger and the tang of the molasses. They are a perfect dipping cookie whether you are enjoying a comforting cup of coffee or a soothing cup of tea.
This recipe is brought to you in part by our sponsors:
2 cups (160g) rolled oats, ground into flour
1/2 cup (32g) arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 tablespoons flax meal
1 1/2 cups (337g) dates
2 tablespoons molasses
3/4 cup (180ml) unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
1 tablespoon fresh, diced ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Stir the oat flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder and soda, ginger powder and flax meal together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dates, molasses, soy milk and ginger to a blender and blend until there aren't any date chunks.
- Stir the blender mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Roll into golf ball size balls with your hands and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Keeping your hands slightly wet will help with the stickiness.
- Press each ball down with your damp hand so that each cookie is flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.