Vegan Lemon Polenta Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the polenta, oat flour, almond flour, baking soda and lemon zest.
- Pour the chickpea liquid (aquafaba) into another bowl and whip with a hand mixer until it forms stiff peaks, about 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Pour the blender mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Gently fold in the whipped chickpea liquid (aquafaba) until it is well incorporated.
- Pour into a 9 inch silicone round cake pan or a lightly oiled cake pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the lemon syrup ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and stir constantly until it is the thickness desired.
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a butter knife.
- Place a plate upside down on the cake pan and gently turn the pan over, holding the plate.
- Pour the lemon syrup over the cake.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.