Blondies, for those of you out there that don’t know what blondies are; they are a rich, dense vanilla flavored brownies. Add the vegan chocolate chips and they will quickly become your new favorite dessert bar. Typically blondies are made with loads of butter and sugar but we have reworked this recipe so that you can enjoy them knowing that they are gluten free, (optionally refined sugar free) and oil free but still full of rich, dreamy goodness.
This recipe is brought to you in part by our sponsors:
2 1/2. cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons flax meal
2 cups pitted dates
2 cups soy milk (or plant milk of your choice)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
optional: 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind oats into a flour in the blender.
- Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the baking soda, baking powder and flax meal.
- Blend the soymilk, dates and peanut butter in a blender until smooth.
- Add blender mixture to the flour mixture along with the vanilla and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips if using.
- Pour into a lightly oiled or parchment paper lined 9" x 9" brownie pan.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.