There is nothing that says Fall is here more than Pumpkin Spice. One of my favorite ways, other than pumpkin pie, to enjoy the fall spices is in this Plant Based Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free Pumpkin Spice Bread. This moist bread is great for breakfast or dessert, lathered with a healthy layer of nut butter.
This recipe is brought to you in part by our sponsors:
2 cups rolled oats
1 tablespoon flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup pumpkin pie purée (1 15 ounce can)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grind the oats in the blender lightly to make a flour. (over grinding will prevent bread from baking through)
- Add the oat flour, flax meal, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the dates, soy milk, vanilla and pumpkin purée to a blender and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a parchment lined bread pan or silicone bread pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.