Creamy Began Polenta With Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Pour the water and veggie broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the Braggs and nutritional yeast.
- Once it comes to a boil, lower the temperature to medium.
- Slowly stir in the polenta while whisking.
- Continue to whisk every couple minutes for about 15 minutes.
- Add the onions, 3 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar and a couple tablespoons of water to a large frying pan and cook on medium high until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts, the remaining 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 1/3 cup of water to the pan with the onions, stir and cover with a lid.
- Continue to cook for at least 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes and adding a little more water if necessary to keep it from sticking.
- Cook until the brussels sprouts are cooked to your preferred softness.
- To serve, place a large ladle of polenta in a bowl and top with a generous scoop of the brussels sprout mixture.
There will be plenty of polenta left. Put the remaining polenta into a rectangular storage container or bread pan and place in the fridge. It will become a firm “loaf” that can be used for other meals by slicing pieces off of the “loaf” and baked on a parchment lined baking tray or fried in a nonstick pan and then topped with marinara sauce or my delicious mushroom gravy.