Vegan “Chicken” Noodle Soup
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 liters vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons tamari, low sodium, or soy sauce
- 2 cups Butler soy curls, soaked in 4 cups of water for 20 minutes
- 8 ounces stir fry rice noodles
- Sauté the onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons of water for a few minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, spices, tamari and the soy curls and cook on medium high for 20 minutes.
- Break the noodles up into thirds while adding them to the soup and cook for 10 minutes.