Mushroom Noodle Bowl
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 eggplant
- 1 14 ounce extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass powder, or paste
- ½ sheet Kombu seaweed
- ½ teaspoon pepper flakes
- ¼ cup tamari
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup deglet dates
- 2 liters vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 14 ounce stir fry rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon dark miso
- 3 tablespoons Korean kimchi
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak mushrooms for 30 minutes in hot water.
- Cut tofu and eggplant into small chunks, spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic with a couple tablespoons of water in a large soup pan.
- Blend the dates with the tamari and rice vinegar in a blender.
- Pour into the pot along with the ginger, lemongrass powder, kombu, pepper flakes, tamari, vegetable broth, kale and miso and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Once mushrooms are finished soaking, slice them into small slices and add them to the pot.
- When the tofu and eggplant are done baking add them to the pot.
- Cook the rice noodles separately, rinse and drain them.
- After the soup has cooked for the 30 minutes, add the rice noodles and kimchi.