As the weather turns to fall, we all turn to comfort foods to warm our bellies. With that in mind, I created this super moist and delicious zucchini bread recipe for you to enjoy when you are all snuggled up with a cup of your favorite warm drink. My favorite way to eat this zucchini bread is toasted with a generous slather of peanut butter accompanied by a nice frothy cup of joe.
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (this is the amount after pressing out the juice)
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grind the rolled oats in the blender to make flour.
- Pour the oat flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the zucchini into a nut milk bag or a teatowel and squeeze out excess moisture. *note: there should be 1 1/2 cups of zucchini after the juice has been pressed out.
- Place the zucchini into the bowl with the flour mixture.
- Place the dates, vanilla and soy milk into a blender and blend until there aren't any date chunks.
- Pour into the bowl with the zucchini and flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" silicone bread pan or lightly greased bread tin.
- Bake for 55 minutes.