Vegan Omelette & Cream Sauce
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 ½ cups chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups soy milk, or plant based milk of your choice
- Sauté the onions and the mushrooms on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the red peppers and spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the remaining omelette ingredients in a bowl.
- Ladle enough of the batter onto a non-stick pan or griddle to make an 8 inch circle.
- Spoon some of the vegetable mixture on top of the batter.
- Wait until the batter looks kind of dry and then fold up half of the omelette onto the other half.
- Let it remain on the pan like that for a couple of minutes so the inside batter will finish cooking.
- Place on a plate and finish the remaining omelettes.
- Place all of the cream sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. (It helps to soak the cashews in warm water for 30 minutes before blending)
- Garnish omelette with the chives and cherry tomatoes and pour some of the cream sauce over the top.