Vegan Cheesy Bean & Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook the rice in the 3 cups of water for 25 minutes (it should be slightly undercooked).
- Sauté the onions and peppers for 10 minutes with a tablespoon of water to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook for a few more minutes.
- Stir in the beans, salsa and spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the rice into a 9 x 13″ casserole dish.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the top and gently stir it into the rice.
- Pour the sauce over everything and gently stir to get the sauce to go all the way to the bottom.
- Bake for 40 minutes.