Vegan Mashed Potatoes & Mushroom Gravy
- Chop potatoes into chunks.
- Place potatoes into large pan full of water and bring to a boil (or pressure cook for 8 minutes).
- Simmer until potatoes are soft, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add the onion powder, pepper, nutritional yeast and Braggs to the pan.
- Add most of the milk and mash mixture with a hand potato masher or a handheld mixer.
- Add remaining milk if necessary to get to your preferred consistency.
- Cook mushrooms in a saucepan until all of the moisture is sweated out.
- Blend the cashews and water until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the saucepan with the mushrooms and add the Braggs, balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika and onion powder.
- Cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and stir until thickness preferred.
- Remove from heat once desired thickness is achieved.