This amazingly delicious Plant Based Fesenjān, pronounced Fesanjoon, is a dish that I have been making for my family for many years now. Fesenjān is a Persian stew typically made with some kind of meat cooked in a sauce made of ground walnuts and pomegranate. I have adapted this recipe to be Plant Based Vegan by using tempeh as the “meat” and added some of our favorite veggies to make it even more hearty. The sauce is an explosion of sweet, tart and rich flavor that will make your tastebuds sing.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 2 onions
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 liter pomegranate juice
- 8 oz tempeh, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 lb spinach, frozen
- 3 deglet dates
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp Braggs liquid aminos
- Add the onion, pomegranate juice, walnuts and dates into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan and turn on medium high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 45 minutes or until is sauce is desired thickness.
- Serve over rice of your choice.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 329kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 11gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 12gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 76mgPotassium: 968mgFiber: 5gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 9330IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 140mgIron: 3mg