It is summer here in the South and that means peaches are in season! Peaches are truly the best when they are picked ripe so it is best to load up on them when they are in season. Eat as many of these deliciously juicy, sweet fruits while you can and slice up a bunch to store in the freezer so you can enjoy them later when they are not in season anymore.
I created this super easy tart recipe that is free of refined sugar so that you will have a recipe on hand to use those yummy peaches. When the peaches are ripe, they are so sweet that adding sugar is not necessary! It is great to have for dessert and pretty enough to bring to a summer potluck. Enjoy!
2 cups almond meal or almond flour
1 cup pitted medjool dates
3-4 ripe peaches
1 tsp arrowroot powder
3/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add the crust ingredients to food processor and blend until mixture starts to stick together
- Pour into a tart pan and press mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan
- Slice peaches in half and twist sections in opposite directions to get to the pit
- Remove pit
- Slice halves into quarters and then slice sections into thin slices
- Add half of a peach, arrowroot powder, 2 dates and water into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour 2/3 of mixture into the tart crust
- Layer peach slices on top of this mixture, fanning the slices out, starting at the outside and working your way to the center
- Pour remaining peach mixture over the top
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes
- Take out of oven and let cool thoroughly before removing it from the tart pan.