Waffles don’t have to be just for special days. These Plant Based, Gluten Free Waffles, you can eat every day and not feel guilty. And, you won’t feel like taking a nap after eating one. By adding broccoli sprouts to the mixture you will be adding a superfood boost that you will never even know is in there. Great for getting those little ones to eat their greens! Top it with the antioxidant rich Blueberry Sauce and you have an amazingly healthy and great tasting breakfast.Recipes Mentioned:
Additional Recipes Mentioned:
2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
2 Tbsp flax meal
2 Tbsp broccoli sprouts
2 cups unsweetened almond milk or plant milk of your choosing
1 - 12 oz package frozen blueberries, thawed
- Preheat waffle iron and lightly spritz with oil
- Put waffle ingredients into blender and blend lightly
- Pour part of mixture into waffle iron.
- Blend together the blueberries and dates in blender until well mixed
- Pour into a saucepan and cook on medium heat until desired thickness.
- Pour blueberry mixture over waffles when finished