Plant Based Vegan Zucchini Lasagna
This Plant Based Lasagna is as good for you as it is delicious. It comes with the added bonus of not putting you into a “food coma” after you eat it. Every layer is like a step towards heaven and the cheese, oooooooh the cheese. You will be going back for seconds and maybe even thirds. This dairy free, gluten free lasagna will WOW even the most skeptical of dinner guests.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 4 medium zucchini
- 28 oz crushed , or chopped tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- 24 oz mushrooms
- 2 onions , diced
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mandolin slice your zucchini lengthwise to make your lasagna “noodles”. Place slices on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper and put in the oven for about 15 minutes. It may take a few cookie sheets to fit all of the noodles. This takes some of the moisture out of the zucchini so that the lasagna isn’t watery.
- Next, cook the mushroom mixture making sure to cook out most of the water. In another pan add a few tablespoons of water and add the kale mixture. Cook down until kale is wilted. Let kale cool and then squeeze out excess water.
- Add sauce ingredients to blender and lightly blend. Put cheese ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
- Begin layering zucchini, sauce, kale and mushroom mixture into a large baking dish. Once you have used all the ingredients, finish by pouring the cheese mixture on top. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes. Cook until cheese looks slightly brown. Take out of the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 408kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 20gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 493mgPotassium: 1975mgFiber: 11gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 4358IUVitamin C: 98mgCalcium: 183mgIron: 8mg
I love your new website, it’s a really nice upgrade.
Do you have to use the Dijon mustard or even mustard?
If you have cheese left over will it last very long?
It will last a few days in the fridge or you can freeze it
This is a great recipe. My husband loved it and said “It is the best lasagna recipe yet.” I loved the “cheese” sauce, it was amazing.
I didn’t think we would like this, but knew I needed to try new recipes because I have very few in this way if eating. We too liked this very much. The cheese sauce on top turned into a nice texture that is very lasagna like. It was very good as is, but in an attempt to make it better, next time I am going to add a tofu ricotta layer and try that out.
How do you cook the mushroom mixture? Just put those ingredients on the stove and let it cook? No oil or water?
Any suggestions for an alternative to white wine vinegar? I live in the Middle East, and I can’t seem to find any sort of wine vinegar. Would rice vinegar or apple vinegar do?
I would use the rice vinegar because it is a bit more mild =)
Hi from Bremen, Germany. I tried this recipe yesterday and it was delicious. I made it for a vegan party and almost everthing was eaten up within the first hour. I have a 4 yo son and for him it was too spicy, so I would leave out most of the garlic next time. Thank you so much for your website and videos. We started our vegan diet just a few weeks ago and I’m still searching for easy and delicoous familiyoriented and healthy recipes and now you are my top source. If you ever want to expand to Germany with your recipes and need help, call me.
This was absolutely delicious! Thank you!!!
This was delicious! I added some diced, sautéed carrots and a light layer of sweet potato because I had some leftovers. So good!
Hi Jill, is there any thing you recommend to replace 2 of the mushroom packages? My family doesn’t like mushrooms as much as myself so I have to cut some out. I’m new to WFPB, so figuring out what’s best with what is where I seem to struggle. Love your site, it was a life saver!
You could use sliced eggplant or zucchini that has been baked for 10 -15 minutes first to wick out some of the water.
Thank you, Jill! Your YT videos and recipes bring me regular excitement and inspiration for cooking, despite having so many dietary restrictions. It means so much to me and I just finally got rice lasagna noodles after waiting for them to come in stock where I can get them over a year-and-a-half! Can’t wait to try this, it’s going to be my holiday treat this year. All my best to you and your family this season. Take care of yourself, you deserve a break this holiday!