Plant Based Vegetable Lo Mein
One of my family’s favorite dishes is Vegetable lo Mein when we go out to eat but 20 minutes after eating it they usually regret it. They usually feel overfull from the oil, desperately thirsty from the salt and tired from the sugar crash.This Plant Based, low salt, oil free version will leave you feeling light and satisfied! Spiralized zucchini make up the noodle part of the meal. Mixed into that are red bell peppers, oinions, carrots, tofu and a light but tasty sauce.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 chunk ginger, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Braggs liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce, or tamari
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain and cube tofu. Spread tofu cubes onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Add two Tbsp water to pan and add peppers, carrots, onions and ginger and sate for 5 minutes. Add zucchini noodles and vegetable broth and cook on high for about 10 minutes. Mix cornstarch in with the Braggs liquid amino acids or low sodium soy sauce. Make a well in the pan and pour in the cornstarch mixture while stirring. Top with sesame seeds.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 150kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 12gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 103mgPotassium: 913mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 6589IUVitamin C: 100mgCalcium: 121mgIron: 3mg
We love tweaking Asian dishes to be plant-based. Lo mein is one we haven’t tried yet, so I can’t wait to get into the kitchen and give this a go. Thanks for the recipe!
Love your food recipes, so thankful to you
You can’t find a normal size the Keeney and all you can find a zucchini squash? Do you know about how many pounds?
2 lbs about =)
This looks great! Do you do anything to the “noodles” to drain the moisture out of them first?
So good. And easy. Loaded with nutrition. This will become a regular in my cooking routine. So excited for your cookbook.