Vegan Banana Cream PIe
Mmmmmm Banana Cream Pie. Just like mama used to make. Weeeell, almost. This recipe tastes just as good without all of the added sugar and dairy. You will be smiling with every bite!
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 7 oz silken tofu, 7oz
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened, or plant milk of your choice
- 3 bananas, divided, 1 banana for blending into the filling, 2 bananas, sliced for layer inside the pie
- ½ cup toasted coconut, or more
- Pulse the almond meal and dates in the blender until mixture sticks together. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate to make the crust. Bake at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Place filling ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. Pour half of mixture onto crust. Layer sliced banana onto the cream and then cover the bananas with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle the toasted coconut on top of the cream and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate to make the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place filling ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour half of mixture onto crust.
- Layer sliced banana onto the cream and then cover the bananas with remaining cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut on top of the cream and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 447kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 12gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 27mgPotassium: 641mgFiber: 8gSugar: 32gVitamin A: 58IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 102mgIron: 3mg
This was an easy and delicious recipe to follow and enjoy! We addd a pinch of sea salt to bring out the natural sweetness of the fruit- the crust came out perfect after about 12-15 mins in a convection oven (bc we used a few more dates and cashews so it needed more time to become golden brown), and the ripe bananas layered between the super creamy and light filling, topped with crispy toasted coconut shavings, made it a #TeamTexture, delicious, Banana Cream Pie! Plant based never tasted so satisfying. Thank You for sharing this recipe!:)
Do you have a suggestion of what I can substitute for the cashews in this recipe. My son is allergic to cashews. This is my biggest struggle in trying to become vegan.
You could use raw almonds that have been soaked for a few hours =)
I am very happy to find your channel. The recipes look yummy and l will be creating them soon. Thanks for sharing your story.
is there something i could replace for the tofu need to avoid soy!
You could use 1/2 cup more of the cashews
Do I need to soak the cashews before?
If you have a powerful blender then you don’t have to soak them. If you are using a regular blender, it would help to soak them for a couple hours.
I also need to sub the cashews due to allergy. If I use almonds instead, do I need to peel off the skin after soaking?
You don’t need to but it will be a bit more on the tan side than white. Still super delicious and nutritious =)
This looks yummy but I cannot have nuts or seeds. Do you have a substitution recommendation for the cashews?
You could try using all tofu but I haven’t tried it