Mushroom Bourguignon

This recipe is modeled after Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon recipe. I use portabella mushrooms in place of the beef because they have a great “meaty” texture and they soak up all of the delicious juices and flavors from the rest of the ingredients. Bonappetit

2  8oz pkgs. sliced portabella mushrooms
2  onions, roughly chopped
2 potatoes, roughly chopped
3 carrots, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup red wine
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Braggs liquid amino acids
2 cups filtered water

1 Tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch and 1 Tbsp water (mixed together)

Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°. Water sate the onions until translucent and then add remaining ingredients including the mushrooms to a large pot. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add the arrowroot powder mixture and stir.

Serves 4

1. Alice says:

Enjoy your channel

2. Mark says:

Hey Jill, Mark here, looks delicious! I noticed you haven’t been using Coconut Aminos anymore, did you give up on it and come back to Braggs liquid aminos? Thanks.

3. Marty Schumacher says:

Another great sounding recipe and I have everything to make it today!!!!

4. Susan says:

I made this tonight! I didn’t have 45 minutes (I know, read the recipe all the way through first :-). ) so I cooked it for 3 minutes in the instant pot and it turned out great 👍Husband approved!😋

1. Susan, thanks for commenting that this can cook up in the Instant Pot. I do almost all my cooking in that wonderful appliance

5. Lisa says:

Made this for lunch today and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing such a fabulous recipe!

6. Dorothy DeSimone says:

I am so happy I found your sites I’ve been Whole Food plant-based diet for 5 months and I need new recipes because I was getting bored and yours I just perfect with the no oil which I need to do because I’m diabetic and my blood sugars are high and I’m trying to get them down thank you so much!