Mushroom Bourguignon

This recipe is modeled after Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon recipe. I use portabella mushrooms in place of the beef because they have a great “meaty” texture and they soak up all of the delicious juices and flavors from the rest of the ingredients. Bonappetit

2  8oz pkgs. sliced portabella mushrooms
2  onions, roughly chopped
2 potatoes, roughly chopped
3 carrots, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup red wine
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Braggs liquid amino acids
2 cups filtered water

1 Tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch and 1 Tbsp water (mixed together)

Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°. Water sate the onions until translucent and then add remaining ingredients including the mushrooms to a large pot. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add the arrowroot powder mixture and stir.

Serves 4

1. Alice says:

Enjoy your channel

2. Mark says:

Hey Jill, Mark here, looks delicious! I noticed you haven’t been using Coconut Aminos anymore, did you give up on it and come back to Braggs liquid aminos? Thanks.

3. Marty Schumacher says:

Another great sounding recipe and I have everything to make it today!!!!

4. Susan says:

I made this tonight! I didn’t have 45 minutes (I know, read the recipe all the way through first :-). ) so I cooked it for 3 minutes in the instant pot and it turned out great 👍Husband approved!😋

1. Susan, thanks for commenting that this can cook up in the Instant Pot. I do almost all my cooking in that wonderful appliance

5. Lisa says:

Made this for lunch today and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing such a fabulous recipe!

6. Dorothy DeSimone says:

I am so happy I found your sites I’ve been Whole Food plant-based diet for 5 months and I need new recipes because I was getting bored and yours I just perfect with the no oil which I need to do because I’m diabetic and my blood sugars are high and I’m trying to get them down thank you so much!

7. You can definitely see your excitement in the pieces you write. The world hopes for more passionate bloggers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they think. Always follow your heart.

8. Sophie says:

You’re a culinary genius. Absolutely loved this.