Lara Bars

I absolutely love Lara Bars. They not only taste delicious but they are good for you and made with very simple ingredients. Some of them only contain 3 ingredients! I have recreated my own versions of them with an additional recipe that they don’t make yet. They don’t have the Fig Newton. I love plating these up in ball form to take to potlucks or holiday gatherings. You can also shape them into the traditional Lara Bar shape.

Fig Newton

1/2 cup dried figs
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup raw cashews
1 tsp vanilla

Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until mixture sticks together.
(Directions are the same for the next three recipes)

Coconut Creme

1 1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla

Each recipe makes 4-6 Lara Bars or about least 12 balls

1. Jean says:

Can I substitute cacao for the Cocoa?

2. Do you keep the balls refrigerated after making?

3. Anjana says:

I made these they are yum!!

4. Merritt says:

I love these so much! I made all of them except the fig bars. Excellent recipes! I keep them in the freezer so I can’t eat them all at once. I’ve shared them with family too. They’re a hit with everyone who has tried them. Thank you!!!

Great! That makes me so happy!

Oh my goodness, you just made my day 🤗! I used dry figs. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It really does make me so happy that you are sharing this with your family.

6. Glenda says:

I added some peppermint essence to the chocolate brownie ones and they were sooo gooood

7. Merritt says:

My entire family loves this so much!!! I keep them in the freezer, take them can to my mom in a retirement center and — hope you’ll love this — I am making them for my only grandchild for his very first birthday (instead of cake)!!!! So you’ve contributed to a family celebration. Thank you! … I have not made the fig ones yet because I don’t know whether I should use fresh figs or dried ones. I can’t tell in the video which you use. Please help. Thanks again. I’m a jill Dalton fan for sure! And, I share your site every chance I get.