It is fall and there is nothing better than sitting down to a nice warm bowl of soup on a cold evening! Here is a recipe to benefit from all of those wonderful pumpkins that are in season and filling our grocery stores.
- If you are using pie pumpkins, cut in half and place face down on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Satè onions in a couple tablespoons of water until translucent.
- Blend onions in a blender with a little of the vegetable broth.
- Place into a soup pot along with pumpkin purée and the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on medium high for 20 minutes or until it reaches the creamy consistency you want.