Cheese is one of the things most people tell me they have the greatest trouble giving up when they change to a plant based diet. Finding a vegan cheese that can get you through this change is a bit of a challenge. Most vegan cheeses I have tried at the grocery store are just not very good or have a terrible after taste AND they contain a lot of oil. My family really likes this recipe and I hope you will too..
This cheese recipe is great for cheese and crackers or shredding to put on the inside of a quesadilla.
I have another plain flavored cheese recipe also if you are not into the spicy stuff.
Smoky Jalapeño Cheesejillymom Cheese is one of the things most people tell me they have the greatest trouble giving up when they change to a plant based diet. Finding a vegan cheese that can get you through… Print This
1 1/2 cups water
5 tsp powdered agar agar powder
1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/3 cup chopped red pepper
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp Pickled Jalapeño
- Add all ingredients except the water and agar agar to your blender.
- Boil water in a small saucepan and add agar agar powder.
- Stir until thick like gravy.
- Pour into blender and blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour into a bread pan and place into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.