Here it is finally, after many years of trying to make the perfect healthy chocolate cake without it tasting like a healthy cake and I know you all know what I mean there. You can either eat a vegan cake that isn’t necessarily good for you or you can eat a cake that looks like a cake but tastes like a healthy cake. Can’t we just eat our cake and not feel guilty about eating it or needing to take a nap an hour later? Yes you can! This cake will make you feel like you are cheating but trust me, it’s all goodness.
This cake is also to celebrate making it to the 10,000 subscriber mark! I would like to thank you all for helping us to get there by giving you this fabulous recipe to help us celebrate. Congratulations for choosing to eat plant based!
1 3/4 cups cooked and cooled sweet potato
1 cup water
1 Tsp balsamic vinegar
2 cups dates
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups banana flour
1/2 cup sweet potato flour (or oat flour)
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup nut milk of choice
4 Tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
9 medjool dates
- Peel and cut up 2 sweet potatoes and boil in water until soft.
- Drain and cool.
- Add water, sweet potato, dates, balsamic and vanilla to blender and blend till smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to a bowl and stir.
- Add blender mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir.
- Pour into 2 parchment paper lined cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking racks.
- Add all frosting ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Put one cake on a cake tray or plate.
- Spread a layer of frosting.
- Put second cake on top and spread remaining frosting.
- Decorate as desired and Dig In!