Classic Vegan Cheesecake

It’s holiday time and you need a great “crowd pleaser” dessert to take to that potluck party. Well, this is your recipe. It is sure to please even the most skeptical “foodie”! I mean really, who doesn’t love a classic cheesecake. It is festive looking and tastes even better than it looks. This recipe has the added bonus of being good for you. Oh my. Yes, I did say it is good for you. Can you believe it? A dessert as rich and delicious as this one can actually be healthy! Believe and Enjoy!

Recipe
Crust:
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup raisins

Filling:
4 cups raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup medjool dates
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
2 cups almond milk ( or nut milk of your preference )

Toppings:
2 cups raspberries
3 medjool dates mixed in a blender with 1/2 cup water

Add crust ingredients to blender and blend until fine and starts sticking together. Press into a cheesecake pan (size of pan depends on how thick you want the cheesecake to be). Add filling ingredients to the blender and blend until silky smooth. Pour on top of crust and put into freezer for 4 hours. Mix topping ingredients together and spoon over cheesecake.

Serves at least 10
Calories per slice: 385

I mentioned these recipes during this episode:

1. Tara says:

Hi.
    Could you do this cake alternative layered with your chocolate cheesecake recipe?
    Regards
    Tara

Yes, that would be delicious 😋

2. Karen says:

Would someone who does not necessarily like the taste of dates like this recipe? Does it taste very datey?

The only thing that has a date taste is the crust and you could replace the dates with raisins or some other sticky kind of dried fruit.

3. Larissa says:

Did u use a 9in cake pan for this?
    Thanks!

I believe so but not100% sure.

4. Pamela Hill says:

This is a personal reply to you. I love your recipe’s and video . I see that you sometimes use canned beans and tomatoes. What you problely don’t know is the insides of all aluminum cans in AMERICA are sprayed on the insides with BPA PLASTIC. WHEN THE PROCESS ED FOOD IS STORED IN THESE CANS THE PLASTIC BPA LEACH ES OUT INTO THE PRODUCT. IF THE PRODUCT IS HOT WHEN THEY PUT THEM INTO THESE CANS MORE BPA LEACH ES OUT FASTER. You can go on GOOGLE AND JUST TYPE IN THE LETTERS BPA. YOU CAN ALSO GO TO OUR CDC CENTER OF DISEASE CONTROL TO LEARN A LOT MORE. THEY HAVE A WEB SITE BPA NUMBER GUIDE WHERE YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF THIS PLASTIC IS USED IN MANY OTHER CONTAINERS AND PRODUCTS BESIDES ALUMINUM CANS. THEY USE IT ON PARCHMENT PAPER SO YOU HAVE TO CHECK TO SEE WHICH BRANDS ARE BPA FREE. IT IS ALSO ON THE PAPER RECIPIENT THAT WE GET AT THE STORE. ANOTHER ONE IS BOTTLE D WATER IN A CLEAR PLASTIC BPA BOTTLE. MY DAUGHTER WAS WORRIED ABOUT ME DRINKING PURE SPRING WATER FROM A CLEAR BPA PLASTIC BOTTLE. IT DOESN’T MATTER ANYMORE IF THEY SAY ORGANIC NON GMO NO SUGAR ADDED OR 100% PURE IF IT’S IN ONE OF THESE ALUMINUM CANS CONTAINERS OR WRAPPERS THE PRODUCT IS CONTAMINATED WITH BPA PLASTIC. LIKE YOU I MAKE MY OWN TOFU BUT MANY PEOPLE ARE BUYING TOFU IN THESE PLASTIC CONTAINERS AND WRAPPERS.

I see that your daughter is gluten intolerable. My sister sent me a video about Monsanto the big corporation of grains In AMERICA. Its not only the grain but what HAS BEEN SPRAYED ON THESE GRAINS. I WENT TO IOWA TO CARE FOR A SICK FAMILY MEMBER. I was three houses away from the corn fields. I noticed something very green growing in front of the rows of corn IT WAS SOYBEANS. I WATCHED this big truck zig zag from the main highway down our street into the back of these cornfields with this big container of yellow ish liquid splashing around. They started spraying this liquid and it was so strong I turnef off the airconditioner. I was so nieave I thought surely they weren’t spraying the soybeas. A small family farmer warned me not to go up into these cornfields. Another thing I noticed was that when these cornfields are harvest ed they let out these black Angus cows to eat whatever is left. What ever was on that corn the cows ate. This is big business in the corn fields. I must say it really freaked me out. I was really glad to leave Iowa.

I hope this helps you

With much love
    Pamela

Thank you for the information, I am always trying to improve on the healthy choices I make. I only buy canned goods that are BPA free