Vegan Massaged Kale Avocado Salad

Transitioning to a plant based diet and finding kale a bit hard to get used to? This salad will help you to fall in love with kale. You will like it so much that you will be cleaning out the grocery store’s shelves of all the kale you can get your hands onto!

When you massage the avocado, lemon juice and nutritional yeast into the kale it makes the kale really soft. It also makes it easier for you body to digest because it is breaking down the strong cell walls and making the nutrients much more available. Another benefit of massaging the kale is that it takes away a bit of the bitterness that is hard for people to get used to when they first transition to a plant based diet.

Ingredients
1 bunch of kale ( cut out the stem or just tear pieces away from the stem )
1 avocado
1 lemon
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
a few spritzes Braggs liquid amino acids

Rinse and prepare kale into bitesized pieces. Put into a large bowl. Add avocado, lemon, nutritional yeast and Braggs. Massage into kale until leaves are soft. Enjoy!

Serves 4
Calories per serving: 99

1. Marcy Powell says:

I’m so glad I found your site. This is exactly what I need. I had cancer surgery in January and I”m trying to stop my aggressive cancer by eating purely plant based with NO SOS. I opted out of chemo and radiation which they strongly recommended for me. They told me eating this way would not stop my cancer. I want to prove them wrong. Thanks for your knowledge.

That is fantastic! I will keep my good thoughts with you. Let me know if you have any recipe requests🤗

2. BeckyInTexas says:

Hi Marcy, I’m very new to whole foods plant based cooking as well. Your comment reminded me of a show I watched awhile back called “The Gerson Miracle.” It was astounding how they were curing cancer. I believe you can find the entire movie on Netflix and/or YouTube. I’m cheering for you and praying for a speedy full recovery!

2. Susan says:

In the video you didn’t add the Bragg’s as shown in the recipe? Do you still use that on yours?

3. Jackie says:

Jill, this Kale Avocado salad is really does fill me up. I feel like I’m thanking you for discovering fire or creating the wheel, because Kale is that fundamental and primary to mother earth. You’ve just really made kale, with Nutri Y and Braggs, something to fully enjoy.

4. Christine says:

Hi Jill! Made this last night for dinner. We loved it. I can see myself becoming addicted. 😊

Yay! What a wonderful thing to be addicted to right?