Beans, one of the most beneficial things you can eat on a plant based diet. They are full of phytonutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals like magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc. More than that they are loaded with protein and fiber which is so very important in a nutritarian diet! Beans are also great for your budget! Just one 1lb bag of dry beans can feed one person for quite a few meals. My preference of course is Rancho Gordo beans. Their taste and quality is far superior to the store bought beans.
Trust me, if you take the time to slow cook beans you will not be disappointed. Eat up and enjoy! Toot toot =)
- Soak beans overnight in water.
- Drain water off of beans and rinse well.
- Put beans in crockpot and cover with water until water is about 1 Inch above beans.
- Add onion powder and cumin.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hrs.
- Add Braggs liquid amino acids.