With the Walking Dead Season starting soon we wanted to share a recipe that nourishes and supports that all important zombie food source, human brains! Follow along with Jill “The Blade” Dalton as she makes a Nutritarian take on a Persian classic: Fesanjoon. This recipe is fully Vegan, Whole Food Plant Based, Salt Oil and Sugar Free, and fully packed with zombie fighting brain power and zombie apocalyptic flavor!
1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
2 cups low sodium or unsalted vegetable broth
1 liter pomegranate juice
1 pkg tempeh (cubed)
1 sweet potato (cubed)
6 cups spinach
pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and turmeric
1 tsp Braggs liquid amino acids
1 pkg barley
- First cook the pomegranate juice in a sauce pan until it is reduce to about half.
- Cook some barley according to package instructions.
- Mix together the onions, walnuts, dates and vegetable broth in blender.
- Pour into a sauce pan.
- Add the sweet potatoes, tempeh and pomegranate juice and cook for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add spinach, Braggs and spices and cook down for 10 more minutes.