These Bean Enchiladas with homemade vegan cheese are a regular family favorite and so easy to make with the added benefit of being a fully Whole Food Plant Based recipe. This recipe is sure to make it into your regular dinner rotation!
1 - 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 - 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup cashews
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoon white wine or white wine vinegar
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon Braggs Liquid Amino Acids
1/2 - 1 cup water
1 pkg corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash kidney beans and tofu together with a potato masher.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients.
- For the sauce, put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook sauce in a saucepan for 15 minutes.
- For the cheese, blend all ingredients in the bender until smooth.
- Lay out tortillas on a baking paper lined cookie sheet and bake for two to three minutes.
- Fill the tortillas with the filling and layer them in a baking dish.
- Pour sauce and cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.