We are in the middle of zucchini season and the garden has been generous! What better way to use these beautiful zucchini than to make this easy plant-based gluten-free zucchini coffee cake? Pair it with a warm cup of your favorite brew and you will be in coffee heaven.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
- WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
1 1/2 cups (120g) rolled oats
1 cup (120g) buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground coffee
1 1/2 cups (375g) shredded and squeezed zucchini
1 3/4 cups (394g) pitted dates
1 1/2 cups (360ml) soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (112g) pitted dates
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grind rolled oats lightly into a grainy flour.
- Add the oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and coffee grounds to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the shredded zucchini and stir until the zucchini is well coated.
- Add the dates, soy milk and vanilla to a blender and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Pour into a 9" x 9 " parchment lined baking dish and smooth the top.
- Add the crumble ingredients to a blender and pulse until it is a crumble, not so far that it is a flour.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 9 days.