It is just a fact that vegetables taste better with Hollandaise Sauce. This hollandaise sauce recipe is so simple and delicious it will raise your vegetable game to a whole new level of tasty!
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
- WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
1 pound (453g) asparagus
1/4 cup (59ml) white wine
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup (240ml) unsweetened soy milk
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
2 tablespoons cashews
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos or low sodium tamari
- Steam asparagus for 10-15 minutes depending on your preference of firmness.
- Bring the white wine, white wine vinegar and onion powder to a boil and then lower temperature to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend together the turmeric, soy milk, arrowroot powder and cashews in a blender until the cashews are pulverized.
- Pour mixture into pan with the cooked down wine mixture and lower the temperature.
- Whisk until thickness desired.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the nutritional yeast, lemon juice and Braggs liquid aminos.
- Pour desired amount over the asparagus.
- If you have remaining sauce, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.