One of my favorite things to eat with breakfast is a piece of Buckwheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread toasted with a slather of peanut butter. The sweet cinnamon date swirl compliments the earthy flavor of the buckwheat bread perfectly. Breakfast just got a whole lot better!
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
- WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
2 cups (240g) buckwheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups (472 ml) unsweetened soy milk (or unsweetened plant milk of your choice)
1/2 cup raisins, divided in half
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup (112g) pitted dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (118 ml) water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder and soda to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add half of the soy milk, half of the raisins, apple cider vinegar and Braggs liquid aminos to a blender and blend until the raisins are pulverized.
- Pour into the flour mixture along with the remaining soy milk and second half of the raisins and mix well.
- Pour into a silicone bread pan or parchment lined bread pan.
- Add cinnamon topping ingredients to a blender and blend until it turns into a consistent paste.
- Pour mixture onto the top of the bread in two lines.
- Using a chopstick or butter knife poke down into the batter, starting at one end, drag the chopstick or knife back and forth through the batter in a S motion across the entire pan to make a marbled pattern.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.