If you have a need for CRUNCH and are a cracker fan then you are going to love these Plant Based Vegan Fruit and Seed Crackers. They are super crunchy with a hint of chewiness from the dried fruit. You can eat them as they are or dip them in the super rich Spreadable Cashew Cheese.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Growing Spaces – Our viewers save 5% OFF your order!
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
2 cups (240g) buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (133 g) seeds (combination of sunflower, sesame and pumpkin)
1 cup (165g) dried fruit (raisins, cranberries and diced apricot)
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1/2 cup (178g) dates paste or 3/4 cup (178g) diced dates
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups (480ml) unsweetened soy milk or other plant milk
1 cup (140g) cashews
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 cup (118ml) water
1 teaspoon white miso
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking soda and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add the seeds, dried fruit and poppy seeds and stir.
- Blend the date paste, apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of the soy milk in a blender until smooth.
- Add to the flour mixture along with the remaining cup of soy milk and stir well.
- Pour equal parts into two silicone or parchment lined bread pans.
- Smooth top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and then place into the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Slice loaves into very thin slices with a very sharp knife.
- Place slices on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 300°F (148°C).
- Flip slices and bake for 15 more minutes.
- If not quite dry and crisp yet, flip one more time and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
*Note: I like to slice one loaf and leave the other in the freezer until we are finished eating the first loaf of crisps.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.