If you enjoy the Starbucks Matcha Tea Latte then you are going to love making this healthy version at home with my refined sugar-free plant based recipe. The Matcha Tea Latte from Starbucks is 50% sugar so even though you are making a wiser choice choosing green tea over coffee, you are drinking loads of sugar. This Matcha Latte recipe uses date syrup instead which is a healthy sweetener alternative. Now match this tasty latte with these lightly sweet matcha flavored cookies topped with a matcha cream frosting and you are in matcha heaven!
This episode is sponsored in part by: SEEIN Matcha Tea
You can order SEEIN Matcha Tea with the Amazon Links Below
Amazon US – https://amzn.to/3wk0zt7
Amazon UK – https://amzn.to/3GRUkSn
Amazon CA – https://amzn.to/3D1Wahn
Amazon AU – https://amzn.to/3win2Xx
1/2 cup (70g) cashews
1/4 cup (56g) diced pitted dates
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon matcha powder
1/2 cup (118ml) hot water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Matcha Cream Cookies
1 1/2 cups (120g) oats, ground into flour
1 1/2 cups (180g) almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon matcha powder
3/4 cups (169g) diced pitted dates
1/3 cup (83g) tahini
1/2 cup ( 118ml) hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
1/2 cup hot water
1-2 teaspoons date syrup (your preference of sweetness)
1/2 cup (118ml) warm, unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350°(180C).
- Blend the Cream Frosting ingredients in a blender until smooth and then place in the fridge while you are making the cookies. This allows the frosting to get more firm.
- For the cookies, soak the dates and matcha powder in the hot water.
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and soda and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the soaked dates and matcha powder, tahini and vanilla extract to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Roll mixture out flat between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut out cookie shapes with a cookie cutter and place cookies onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely before frosting.
- Once cookies are cooled, pipe on the frosting or spread it on with a butter knife.
- For the latte, add the matcha powder to a cup and pour the hot water over it.
- Stir it with a spoon to dissolve.
- Optional: If you would like a froth, whisk with your choice of frothing tool.
- Stir the date syrup into the soy milk and pour into the matcha mixture.