I have fond memories of the cute little loaves Outback Steakhouse serves as an appetizer so I decided to create a plant based version of it that is gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free that is so incredibly delicious and spongy everyone can enjoy this amazing tasting bread without the usual “bread crash”.
This episode is sponsored in part by:
Noochy Licious Nutritional Yeast: As a special discount for our viewers: Save Up to 55% OFF Your Order
1 cup (120g) buckwheat groats, ground into a flour (or buckwheat flour)
1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons flax meal
1/2 cup (112g) pitted dates
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
2 cups (480g) unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the dates, molasses and soy milk to a blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized.
- Stir into the dry mixture.
- Pour into a silicone or parchment lined bread pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
By the Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show on YouTube