Sweet Potato Spice Cake
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 cups deglet dates
- 2 ¼ cups soy milk, unsweetened ,or plant based milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind oats into a flour in the blender. * TIP: Don’t overgrind the oats. If the flour is too fine the center won’t cook thoroughly and will be gummy.
- Add to a large mixing bowl along with the flax meal, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, ginger and allspice and mix well.
- Add the blackstrap molasses, sweet potato, dates, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla to a blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Pour mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a silicone bundt pan or lightly greased bundt cake pan and smooth the top with the mixing spoon.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until you poke with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Place cake on a cooling rack, still in pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently ease out of the pan onto a cake tray or plate.
- Let cool completely.
- Add all drizzle ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the cake.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.