It is officially Fall (here) which means that it is time for soup. What better way to start the season than with a delicious Plant Based Vegan Vegetable Soup. This soup can either be made to be light and brothy or thicker and more robust depending on your preference just by cutting the vegetable stock. This recipe was inspired by a friend asking us, “Can you just show me how to make a super simple vegetable soup that I can make myself?”
This episode is sponsored in part by:
Noochy Licious Nutritional Yeast: As a special discount for our viewers: Save Up to 55% OFF Your Order
1 large onion, diced
3 stalks of celery, diced
3 carrots, diced
3 potatoes (8oz), diced
1 -16 (453g) ounce bag frozen spinach
1- 6 (170g) ounce can tomato paste
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-2 liters vegetable stock (2 if you prefer brothy soup, 1 if you prefer thicker soup)
*NOTE: This recipe can also be made on the stovetop by cooking in a large soup pot on medium high heat for about 40 minutes.
- Push the Sauté button on your Instant Pot
- Add the onions and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Close with the lid and turn the vent to seal.
- Pressure Cook for 17 minutes.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
By the Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show on YouTube